A ten hour and a six-day working job may suck you for hundred different reasons. The satisfaction you are seeking for cannot be achieved anyway in any given job. At times it needs utmost courage to quit the job, even if it’s sucking you since long. But in this global corporate world if employees are not willing to accept even the change of job, then how will they ever help to grow the current or new organization. So, when finally you have decided to ultimately type the dream letter of getting rid of your current cumbersome job, you will obviously need some tips to type the letter you have ever wanted to type. The Real motivation behind leaving the job, could be any whether a better job you have hunted or a startup of your own, which you have now dared to work on. Now you need the proper collection and arrangement of formal words to draft in your formal resignation letter. Undoubtedly you are at the right place. Here are few steps to help you do the same.
Professional And Short Resignation Letter
If you have done the entire job professionally, then it’s quite obvious that resignation letter to going to be highly professional, as it’s going to be your last impression in the company you have worked for a quite reasonable time. Whether you wanna return or not to the current company, your last impression even in the simple resignation letter should be everlasting enough that your boss should regret signing the same. Thus make sure you are typing a professional letter in the required format and appropriate language.
A resignation letter is a letter presented to terminate the formal relationship you are sharing with the organization, so the termination need not to be explained and exaggerated even in formal words. Your last words to your boss should probably not bore him to tears. A to the point resignation letter is classy enough to create the class of yours.
Reasons of Resignation
However, when you are professionally submitting your resignation letter, it’s always optional to provide a reason, as you are not obliged to present the same. But the code of basic etiquette says, you must formally give the reason of quitting the job in simple and formal words, so your previous organization could work on the reason you have provided and retain other employees. Reason behind leaving job could be personal and bitter, which might persuade you to draw your anger in your last words. But, that’s apparently not going to help you anyway, thus instead giving a harsh and actual reason, prefer providing a formal and suitable reason for leaving the job. As your words are always powerful enough to make your boss even change his mind of increasing your perks and retain you anyway, thus draft them beautifully for even the last hope, whether or not you are looking for.
Not Happy With Office Management
So you are quitting the job because of management, there could be several reasons of your dissatisfaction with the management, just like
- You are not sharing a bond with either the management or your coworkers. It’s vital that at your workplace you are actually comfortable with the persons you are working with. You can reflect the reason in your resignation letter, but certainly with a better choice of words.
- Sometimes lack of proper recognition of potential and work is a must in the organization to retain the best of its human resource. If for any reason you feel insecure about your work recognition then it can be reflected in your resignation letter, with due care of professional ethics.
- When a capable and potential employee works with all his heart and mind, along with the perks and reimbursement, he will also care whether his personal skills and talents are being utilized hundred percent by the organization. So anyway if you aren’t satisfied with the same, then your resignation letter’s words must display the same so that the management and entire organization will later on, regret losing you. For sure, you must not add on extra cheese over your own praise.
- If you are resigning because you are feeling unsecured regarding the payment, then your resignation letter must always specify the above reason in precise and unambiguous words, in order to mention the intensity of the concerned problem.
- At the time you might not see a better future or appropriate growth with the current organization. In such case too, you should never forget to let the organization know their areas of improvements and other disadvantages of being an employee in the said concern.
- A few organizations pay one buck and extract the work of ten bucks for the same. In such case, employees tend to quit the job for the said dissatisfaction. If you are also leaving your job for the same, then make sure you are making the management aware of the same.
Avoid Personal Attack
So you are not happy with management, and the reason behind your resignation is none but the management. Wrath inside you must be asking you to spit out your anger in the letter. But wait, don’t you think attacking directly and personally the management will sound too much unprofessional. You can always mention the reason for avoiding the personal attack to any specified person. Your words should be craftily drafted to deliver your message to the organization by simultaneously avoiding specific person’s name. As personal attacks will not only degrade your image but also demotivate your actual problem and conflict in the organization. However, if you are delivering your message professionally by avoiding the personal point outs, then your problem will be taken on a more severe node and will be taken care off well by the organization. Thus, do mention the actual reason for resigning if you wish the same but at the same time do not forget to maintain your own of decorum of being professional and ethical.
Thinking For Start Up
At times, few employees quit, if they wish to start up their own idea of a venture. Mostly in such cases, employees are reluctant to share the reason with the management. However instead of being hesitant in sharing, try to share the same with the management and organization, even verbally or in your resignation letter. This could help you in several following ways
- Management might appreciate your idea and show their interest in your venture. Being experienced fellows there, they might prove as an asset both concerning knowledge and finance.
- Apart from showing personal interest, management might also help you in their professional capacity by providing financial assistance from the organization regarding loan or percentage share in your idea of the venture.
- If none the above, you still can seek hope of appreciation of management of your idea. Management can also take over your idea in your capacity of an employee by providing you the appropriate promotion, perks or even percentage share at times.
Do Not Forget To Acknowledge
Whether or not you were all this time satisfied with your current job, you evidently might have gained experience on paper and balance in your bank account. Thus, you somehow owe few words of thanks. Subsequently, a simple acknowledgment and expression of gratitude are expected towards the organization and management from where you have earned and learned. Acknowledgement isn’t required professionally, but ethically it’s expected from everyone who is offering a resignation letter. Words of acknowledgement in your resignation letter will add on to your goodbye image. That will be the goodwill you earned with no investment and of course zero maintenance.
Offer Help In The Transition Period
Professionally in every organization employees are required to give one month or three months prior notice before leaving the job. During that said transition period, organization expects you to help them with the workload of yours and to properly hand it over to the concerned person coming to your position. However, this requirement is on paper, and you are obliged to do the same but words of your offer of help in the resignation letter will not only improve the quality of your resignation letter but make it more professional and impressive.
Maintain Future Relations
Whether a new startup or a new job, both come with a risk factor of what’s going to happen in future. Whether the new job is now going to give you satisfaction or not, whether the startup is going to work as per the expectations or not. A Thousand thoughts of future might bother you before ultimately submitting the letter. Thus, the final letter should be created with an intention to maintain a healthy relationship with the organization even after leaving. Your last words should be generous enough to leave a scope of return. However may you never need to return to the same place where you are submitting the resignation letter, but possibilities should always be open for you in all doors. After all your resignation letter is not a love letter but even not a cold war agreement either.
Below we provide lots of Sample of Resignation Letter so choose one which is suitable for you and click on download button which is mentioned just below each and every sample. You can download it in the form of PDF and MS-Word.
Resignation Letter Samples :
- Simple Sample of Resignation Letter
One month prior notice’s resignation sample
A Professional Resignation letter sample
Sample of basic formal resignation letter
Sample Of Resignation Letter With Regret
Resignation letter with reason
Sample of E-mail Resignation for Prior Notice
A resignation letter is undoubtedly your last words to the organization you have worked for past several years. You might have experienced both positive and negative aspects there. But overall you must be having a few additions to the positive pocket side of life. For the sake of those affirmative additions, try leaving a sweet message in the end.