Resignation Letter Format (Personal Reasons)
Finding a job can be a difficult task often, but leaving it is rather more difficult. When you start looking for the job, you might have different options and opportunities and you are open to choose any one suitable for them. Then once when you are all set to go for the job, you get along with the job and get adopted in the atmosphere. The decision of switching the current job and start looking for other is quite a move. It takes courage for you to either quit the job before finding the other or even after finding the other. As it’s always difficult to frame yourself into the changed environment again and again. But at times circumstances might force you to finally take the difficult step. When some personal reasons are troubling you in the job, that moment quitting is the best option, because you cannot really work and grow in an environment where your mind and heart is not peaceful. In that case, when you are up to leave the job, you end up thinking how may set a formal and professional resignation letter format. Here are some tips to help you type your letter of resignation.
Immediate Resignation Letter
Short Format of Resignation Letter
The very first and obvious tip and technique to type your resignation letter are it should not be phrased in lengthy paragraphs and long sentences. A short and exact resignation letter is expected at almost all professional platforms. You can always mention your reasons for resigning the job in the precise and brief manner in the resignation letter.
Formal Format of Resignation Letter
When you are working in a professional and corporate culture, you are always expected to behave formal and professional round the clock in your office hours. Typing a resignation letter will also be obviously part of your professional job, thus it’s always required from any corporate employee to present a formal and conventional letter of resignation.
Clear Your Intention For Resigning
However it’s the most basic concept while writing your resignation letter, but at times employees skip reminding this fundamental step of writing a resignation letter. Whenever you type your letter of resignation, your language should always be clear to specify your intention of resigning from the current job. You must not mention any covenant conditions and circumstances in which you might or might not leave the current job. The content of your resignation letter might or might not contain the reason for leaving the job, but intention should always be clear about the idea of quitting the current job.
Present as per company’s norms of prior notice
Professional ethics of corporate culture says that you must always present your resignation letter to the concerned authority as a prior notice of leaving the job, before the expiry of the job agreement’s notice period.
Reasons of resigning the job
Little conflicts in your work environment can never persuade you to leave your current job. There cling around hundred different reasons that bring an employee to draft a resignation letter. You can obviously not present all your personal and impersonal reasons for resigning the job in henceforth direct words into your Formal Resignation Letter. There has to be a formal presentation of suitable and appropriate collections of words and phrases of your reasons for resigning. This is the most important and crucial part of writing a resignation letter, as it’s gonna decide what impression and impact you are leaving behind. Even if you no longer care about your personal reputation, still your drafted words will decide what impact your resignation is gonna make on your presented reasons for leaving. Why would you not want to change the reason for disruption in work in any organization?
Here are a few personal reasons because of which an employee might end up typing a resignation letter :
- Circumstances aren’t satisfying: At times various personal circumstances might effect mindset of any employee. When circumstances are out of office arena, then it won’t be much difficult to present the reason for resigning. However in such case to you should professionally notify, your reason for resigning, so that management if possible can sort out your personal out of office premises’ reason for leaving. On the other hand, if the reason for resigning the job is within the office premises, then in such case drafting the resignation letter can be a task. You need to present your reason for resignation in the professional and formal manner by simultaneously maintaining the code of professional ethics of the corporate culture. Your reason should have a valid stand to prove your point and words framed by you must not contain abusive or undesired language. A formal and professional presentation is must here.
- Job Satisfaction: Job satisfaction is a term that is often underestimated by an employer and even employee. When you are mentally and personally not satisfied with the job you are doing, you can never really contribute either to your personal or organizational growth. So when you finally encounter the job dissatisfaction because of any personal reason, it’s highly important you must opt for the resignation as you can earn and learn in real sense when you are mentally satisfied with your work culture. This reason should be mentioned in your resignation letter only if you feel that your specification can bring a change in the organization or its team, else there rests no point in presenting your personal issues in the last formal letter to the organization.
- Bad Work Environment: Environment in which you are working is an important factor for the expected output and work process. In some organization, the work environment is either too much cumbersome and demanding or in any other way not suitable for the employee. This reason can be mentioned in the resignation letter with due care of avoiding inappropriate language and unprofessional manner.
- Bad Behavior of Boss: The person whom you work under must have the sense of cooperation and qualities of motivation and appreciation towards its subordinates. If you don’t have a cooperating boss then you certainly cannot work for long in such organization. If this is the reason of resignation, then while typing your resignation letter, you must keep in your mind that you are going to point out the same person whom you are actually presenting the said resignation letter. In addition to taking care of language, you also need to look after the consequences, as per the traits of the concerned person. Your inappropriate resignation letter must not be the reason for your loss in your final payments and experience certification from the organization. Instead if possible avoid mentioning the said reason.
Assistance In Notice Period
Although you are obliged to provide required assistance in the transition period, still your formal words of offering help will only add into your last impression in the organization from where you have gained experience and financial assistance. Even a formal single line of offering help is enough to make your resignation letter a professional and formal one.
Personal Attack To Be Ignored
This is quite obvious and expected step in any kind of professional resignation letter. Your last words must not leave a bad image and impression of yours. Moreover, apart from professional ethics, this should be also avoided also to avoid future conflicts because you never know you might need same person and organization in future.
Keep Healthy Parting Relations
Again it’s really uncertain that you will be all satisfied with your next job, so always keep the doors open for future to return back if required. Leave a formal message that it would be all your pleasure if you might cross path with the organisation or any of its team in future.
Even in professional or non-professional attitude, it’s quite expected from an employee to write a short note of expression of gratitude towards the organization where he has learned and earned for several years. This line of expression of gratitude will draw your professional image.
Samples Of Resignation Letter For Personal Reasons
- Resignation Due to Personal Reasons
- Resignation Due to Acceptance of New Offer
- Resignation Due to Dissatisfaction in Management
- Resignation Due to Excessive Workload
- Resignation Due to Unsatisfactory Working Conditions
Whenever you are up-to write a resignation letter because of personal reasons, you must keep in mind that your personal chaos with any organizational team mustn’t hamper your professional final image. Moreover, your personal reasons, out of the office shall also not to be presented beyond decent formal and professional boundaries.