Appreciation Letter Format
A small “Thank you” carries a great importance in life. Whether you are on good terms or not, this word can help you solve almost all problems in the world. We thanked everyone when we were kids, thanked our superiors when we were teens, so why are we having a shortage now. Saying thank you to your employees is as important as giving promotion or a healthy raise to them. And in a professional point of view, there is only one way to thank your employee for his/her excellence and hard-work for your organization. Yes, we are talking about A Letter of Appreciation. An appreciation letter is a way to show your gratitude towards someone. That some could be anyone, from your junior to your employer. So, according to the relation you have with that person you can find different ways to write an Appreciation Letter.
Appreciating someone for something they did is an important thing. And unless you don’t want it to repeat, you should give them some kind of appreciation for performing well. Although there are more than enough ways to show your appreciation to someone, there is nothing better than “Written Words”. Every other thing creates the memories but words create impact. And these kinds of words will make them perform even better in the future.
If you are short of words to express your thankfulness to someone, then we are here to help you create a Perfect Appreciation Letter showing all your gratitude in words. And before you start writing, please read the article thoroughly to find all the details regarding a letter of appreciation.
Why Do We Need To Show Our Gratitude By Appreciation Letter?
As we said before, there more than million ways to say thank you without actually saying it. But sometimes we need to say it to keep getting the same results. So, there can be many reasons for writing an Appreciation Letter, maybe personal or professional. But in each case, it is as important as giving any other perk. So, here is a list of reasons to write an Appreciation letter:
- Words impact person’s mind more than gifts and perks.
- Appreciation Letter is a way to motivate someone to do even better.
- Being appreciated gives a proud feeling in both personal and professional life,
- It helps to keep good terms between two people
- Unlike gifts and perks, Appreciation is for everyone.
- Even your teachers, doctors, employers or anyone else who does a good work for you can be appreciated giving a letter.
- It reminds people of their importance.
Although an appreciation letter may not be the only thing to give after good work. But, it is the most important thing to do.
Advantages of Writing an Appreciation Letter
An appreciation letter may benefit you in more than one ways. There are many sung and unsung benefits of giving one to a person. However, the benefits may differ from person to person and according to the relation you possess with them. We are going to list many advantages you can get just by giving words of appreciation to someone. So, check the list below before writing one:
- It helps to motivate the receiver to keep performing well.
- It creates a respectable image of you in the eyes of the receiver.
- An appreciation may end up stitching a long-term broken relation
- Employees get excited and try to perform even better.
- It also acts a guidance letter to newcomers as they need support
How to Write an Appreciation Letter?
Writing a letter of Appreciation is a difficult job as you have to choose your words carefully. It makes you think a lot of times so you could end up with the perfect combination of words to express your emotions. Getting ready to appreciate someone is not enough until you find a perfect execution of your Appreciation Letter.
So now if you are ready to appreciate someone for their hard work and support, then there are certain tips we are going to share with you. These tips will help you write a perfect Appreciation Letter for any occasion or relation. So, Tips for writing Appreciation Letter are as follows:
- Write Fast: There is no point of appreciating someone long after the work done. The value of appreciation gets lower and lower by the time. So, you have to appreciate the person as soon as possible. This makes the person happy and helps you create a better image.
- Be Selective: Sincerity is an appreciation letter is must to follow. Since the appreciation works for both personal as well professional point of view. Therefore, you have to write it with a right mindset. You must only choose the best as well as acceptable words to show your gratitude.
- Keep it To-The-point: A short and focused Letter of Appreciation is all you need to give. It must not be over-sentimental. But it must also not be under-appreciative. So, having a good, short, simple and to-the-point Letter will always benefit you.
- Focus on the Reason: Keep reminding the reason to the receiver why they are getting the Appreciation. Keep all your focus to make them understand why they deserve it. Explaining the reason may not be as easy as you might think. So, keep your focus on making them understand.
- Recheck: Always recheck the letter before handing it over to anyone. It has to perfect before it goes in the hand of a deserving person. So, checking and rechecking is necessary before making it official.
- Give it in person: No matter how busy you are, or any other reason whatsoever, always try your best to hand the Letter of Appreciation is the person to the receiver. This creates a positive shadow of you in the mind of a person in front. Also, it helps you see their reactions first-hand, which is a great pleasure itself.
- Use a given format: If you are still not sure how to make it special, then use a given format to write one for yourself. Using a format can make you write a fast yet inspiring Letter of Appreciation.
Appreciation Letter Format
An appreciation letter must be written in accordance with a specific format. There are some details given below to help you write an Appreciation Letter right and perfect way. Keep in mind all the steps and follow them in the chronological order as given below:
- Write all about yourself in the starting. The letter must only start with your name, address, number, or any other relevant details.
- It must then be followed by the date of Appreciation Letter
- Then, the Name of Organization, its address and other organizational details should be written.
- Give your Greeting to whomever you are referring. The greeting should sound pleasing rather than sounding official.
- Give a Thank You note in the first line. This creates the impact on the mind of the reader.
- State the reason why he/she is getting a Letter of Appreciation from your side.
- Make them believe they deserve it. You should give your regards for everything they have done for you.
- Give them a positive insight of your future plans with the given opportunity.
- Tell them to keep doing the good work and aim to do better.
- Make sure they understood their importance.
- End with a small “Thanks Again” note.
- Give your regards at the end of the body of the letter.
Give your name and follow it with the signature to end the letter
Appreciation Letter Samples
There are many different ways to give an Appreciation Letter to someone. These ways include emails, personal letter, memos among many others. There can be a misunderstanding between a professional or a personal letter to show your gratitude. This is where the scope of this article comes through. This article is written to provide you various samples which will range from Appreciation Mails to Personal Appreciation Letter. The samples are there for you to use and show the kind-spirit with a wise choice of words. Although there are ways depending upon the relationship with the receiver, we are providing you some samples to write Appreciation Letter for someone:
Appreciation Email Letter
Hi [Receiver’s Name],
Thanks for your efforts in the good works as a [position] in completing [job name]. I want to appreciate you for all the good work you have done on the task at hand.
I have some more work in which I would like to have your assistance. Can you please give me some time to work.I really appreciate your help. And I want to thank you again for all the help.
Simple Appreciation Letter
Subject: Letter of Appreciation for [Reason]
This letter is drafted to congratulate you on your success and appreciate you for your excellent piece of work done in [JOB]. I am very grateful to you and all your teammates for everything. All your combined efforts deserve to be appreciated and I want to be the one to congratulate you first hand. As everyone is happy with your work, other perks are on the way too. I would like to see you perform even better in near future.
I wish you a successful career ahead, and again, congratulations on achieving the feat.
Simple Appreciation Letter for Employee
Subject: Letter of Appreciation to [Employee] for [Reason]
This is a letter to congratulate our employee, [Name], [Position], for his/her exceptional performance in [Job]. I would like to appreciate your performance and success as a part of this organization.
I wish you a successful career ahead, and again, congratulations on achieving the feat. I hope you will keep up this good work in future too
Personal Help Appreciation letter
Subject: Letter of Appreciation to [Employee] for [Reason]
I would like to say that I am very impressed by all the work you have done for me. You help in the [Job]is the reason for my promotion. So, I am writing this letter to thank you and congratulate you on the behalf of my entire team.
I want to thank you for everything you have done and I wish to work with you in near future again. Thank you so much for helping me.
Letter of Appreciation to Management/ Employer
Subject: Letter of Appreciation towards Employer/Management for [Reason]
I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity. I will do my best to make our company proud. As an employee, I want to show you my dedication towards [Job], and I will make sure that you don’t regret your decision.
I would love to show to gratitude by writing this small appreciation letter. Thank you for providing me all the support and opportunities. I will continue to do
Personal Appreciation Letter for Long Term Association
Subject: Letter of Appreciation
I am writing this letter as a token of appreciation for our long-time Association. You were a part of both my professional as well as personal Life. I would like to thank you for everything you have done for me in past [Term of Association].
I want to thank you for everything you have done and I wish to work with you in near future again.
Take this Thank you from an associate in professional life and a friend in personal life.